Tuesday 20 September 2011

Swansea Libraries: Nat Hudson's Mind Map

I first wanted to have a think about what we actually do already, with a view to see what we are missing out on. One reason for this is because we don't have time, but as this training is beginning to show us already, all the tools we are learning about should enable us to cover  a lot of bases with minimum time and effort. We obviously want to connect with as many people as possible but as well as communicating with customers it could be a useful tool to work with staff in a new and more efficient way, especially with staff spread across so many sites across the county. In a public facing capacity I am also aware that it could be very easy to get very carried away with loading content and straying from the mission statement of the library service. There may be a lot of interesting content that doesn't really tie in with the aims and objectives of the service. When planning to use a tool like this, particularly for myself, I would need a brief document to keep working from to check I am on track.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Nat I hope you don't mind me referring to this, I'm really impressed with the thought that went into this!

    ReplyDelete