Monday 10 October 2011

Lots to think about


The course gave me a lot of ideas as to how we could use Web 2.0 tools to help both our library members and colleagues. Like most people I'd heard of or used sites like twitter and facebook, but was unsure how they fitted into forwarding and promoting library services. Sangeet let me see how social media software can be put togather to give the library a unified corporate brand online, with a human voice. My mindmap shows how after liaising with IT and the corporate department I would like to complement our current static intranet site with a blog, screencasting, podcasts and a presence on twitter, facebook, YouTube(...the list goes on). Google software, delicious and bubbl.us could be used to help librarians collaborate on projects much more efficienctly than via email. Lots to do and think about before November. Sian

No comments:

Post a Comment